Skip to content

PAST EXHIBITION

45% Of Everything Else - Carol Mason & Lesley McDermot

45% Of Everything Else - Carol Mason & Lesley McDermot
45% Of Everything Else
Carol Mason & Lesley McDermot

The female human body is made up of 55% water and 45% everything else.  The human form changes from the moment it is created.  We divide and multiply and are born.  From the moment of birth our shape and story will continually reform.   Our bodies are a map of our lives.  We are more than skin deep.  Our joy, tragedy and tribulations are held within our 45%.

 

This exhibition includes new work by Carolyn Mason and Lesley McDermott - drawings, prints, constructions and sculpture. It is an exploration of the female: her stages, her stories, her body; how she will change, reshape and morph within her lifetime; and how the 45% will respond to being alive.  The exhibition is about the dilemma of the 45% of everything else and the vessels that hold the remaining 55% of water.

29 May 2024

 - 

4 June 2024

Viewing night: 31 May 2024 - 7 PM

FREE ENTRY

Carolyn Mason was born in 1964 in Ayrshire, Scotland. She graduated from Camberwell School of Arts and Crafts, London in 1986. On her return to Scotland, she produced and exhibited work; lectured in Art and Design at Ayr College of Technology (now the University of the West of Scotland) and established Hanging Together with five other artists (Peter Russell, Karen Strang, Val Shatwell, Nicola Carberry and Paul Eames).  The group created installations in gallery and non- gallery spaces extensively throughout central Scotland from the 1990s onwards and also collaborated on a number of European projects. In 1996 she was elected a professional member of the Scottish Society of Artists (SSA).Having specialised in woven tapestry and printmaking at art school, process and construction continue to underpin her interests. The materials she uses inform both the construction and content of the works which evolve out of the layering of ideas and motifs. Her work is journalistic in nature and invariably she uses her own body as the starting point for the image, manipulating it to explore the passing of time, change and fragility.

BACK TO EXHIBITIONS

The female human body is made up of 55% water and 45% everything else.  The human form changes from the moment it is created.  We divide and multiply and are born.  From the moment of birth our shape and story will continually reform.   Our bodies are a map of our lives.  We are more than skin deep.  Our joy, tragedy and tribulations are held within our 45%.

 

This exhibition includes new work by Carolyn Mason and Lesley McDermott - drawings, prints, constructions and sculpture. It is an exploration of the female: her stages, her stories, her body; how she will change, reshape and morph within her lifetime; and how the 45% will respond to being alive.  The exhibition is about the dilemma of the 45% of everything else and the vessels that hold the remaining 55% of water.

SHOP THE ARTIST

Vendor: Vendor
Example product title
£19.99
£19.99
Vendor: Vendor
Example product title
£19.99
£19.99
Vendor: Vendor
Example product title
£19.99
£19.99
Vendor: Vendor
Example product title
£19.99
£19.99
Vendor: Vendor
Example product title
£19.99
£19.99
Vendor: Vendor
Example product title
£19.99
£19.99
Vendor: Vendor
Example product title
£19.99
£19.99
Vendor: Vendor
Example product title
£19.99
£19.99
1 of 8

Purchase enquires - contact us at staff@alchemyexperiment.com

Get In Touch

Thanks for subscribing!

This email has been registered!

Shop the look

Choose Options

Edit Option
Back In Stock Notification
this is just a warning
Shopping Cart
0 items